Thursday, July 9, 2009

Two and half hours at Stella

Got a nice ride in yesterday at Stella after work. A good solid 2.5 hour workout. The new bar ends were nice, though I must take extra caution not to clip trees with them. The ESI grips are just not working for me, I think I'll go back to the Ergon grips.


Also, it appears that horse riders are now using the the pristine singletrack instead of staying on the logging roads and skid roads. I have a few issues with this. First off, not only have the horse riders never contributed to making or maintaining those trails...but they actually knock a bunch of debris into the trails. They also leave large divots in otherwise pristine trails, thus causing them to get muddy instead of the well drained soils they are right now. But my biggest issue by far is horse shit! Why do horse riders feel its OK for their animals to shit right in the middle of a trail and just leave it there? Really, would you like your horse to shit on your front porch so you have to walk through it. Use a poop catcher if your going to ride the trails! RANT OVER

1 comment:

  1. Doh, horse poop. I am right there with you. That whole argument that horse poo is good for the earth is nice and all, but everyone else has to deal with the pile for a few weeks while it breaks down and the bugs eat it. Lame! I think that they should be required to have horse diapers on when they are on public land.

    And I am not even going to start on the destruction that a 1200lb horse can cause to a damp trail. Okay, so I started, but that's it...

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.