Monday, October 11, 2010

Slow with lots of rest breaks

OK, I'm admittedly out of shape right now. The slew of health issues has dragged me down both physically and mentally. So hitting the trails this weekend was more of an exercise in determination than fun. It's been many years since I could be described as a good climber, but right now any incline is tough. I had to simply ride slowly, take some breaks, and then ride some more. I just have to start hitting the gym more often and suffer some before I can tackle the hills again.

On another note, my riding partner of four years might have to retire. I'm talking about my setter/lab mix named Evie. She's about 6 or 7 years old (we got her from the shelter as an adult) and seems to be suffering from arthritis in her left rear leg. It first showed up last year and has been steadily getting worse. I'm going to start her on some Glucosamine/Condroiton and see if it helps. I hope she can be back on the trails soon, she will not be happy if she can't go riding with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.