Wednesday, February 2, 2011

NEW BIKE!

I have been thinking about a new bike for quite some time. I've had in mind what I wanted to spend ($2500) and what I could get for it. I had several bikes in mind, mainly the following:
-Gary Fisher Rumblefish
-Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp 29
-Kona Hei Hei 2-9
-Giant Anthem X 29-2
-Salsa Big Mama

I looked at many things such as components (I prefer SRAM shifters and rear derailleur), tires (many come with low tread tires, not good for PNW muck), suspension design, and brand. He locally I was able to only test ride the Specialized and Giant, of which I loved the Specialized. The most appealing aspect of the Specialized is that it was set up almost exactly the way I would want it. It came with a 22/33/bash ring crankset, big meaty tires that are tubeless ready, tubeless ready rims which included the valve stems. I really liked the fork and the 20mm through axle. In fact the only nit pic is the rear hub with only 16 points of engagement. I really wanted to test ride the Kona and Fisher but the local bike shop who carries those brands did not have any in stock. Had the Specialized been at regular price, I would have waited but it was on sale for $2070 and so I couldn't pass it up. I cannot wait to ride it! I did add my 30 degree sweep alt bars and some ergo grips but other than that it is stock

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.