Wednesday, August 29, 2012

More wheel builds

Well life is keeping me busy with a new job coming up and continued work on the new (old) house. But I did get a little time this Sunday morning to get one of the four wheels I have lined up to build done. I built up a single speed rear wheel using a Pivot (Novatec) single speed hub I got on Ebay for $22 shipped. I laced it to a WTB Dual Duty 700c rim that I got a pair for under $40 shipped with Sapim Race spokes (which cost the most at $37 shipped for spokes and nipples). So total cost of the wheel comes in right around $79 which is not bad for a new hand built wheel. Now I need to get the front built which I'm basically transfering the hub and spokes (same ERD on both rims) from another wheel to a Dual Duty 700c for a matching set of single speed wheels.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.